|Walk for Our Buddies is a non-profit (501c3) organization dedicated to creating awareness and building community for
individuals with Down Syndrome in Bradford and Sullivan Counties, PA. Walk for Our Buddies uses proceeds from events to
provide small grants to families and individuals with Down Syndrome in Bradford and Sullivan Counties, PA.
Walk for Our Buddies, PO Box 42, Wysox, PA 18854
Walk for Our Buddies
|Family Grant Application
Click Here to Download
|Family Grant Application Deadlines:
March 15, June 15, Sept 15, Dec 31st, 2019
Grants are funded in April, July, October & January
|Family Grant Applications can be
or mailed to
Walk for Our Buddies
P.O. Box 42
Wysox, PA 18854
| Walk for Our Buddies Family Grant Application: Terms and Conditions
- Grants will only be awarded to benefit individuals with Down syndrome and their immediate
family residing in Bradford or Sullivan Counties in Pennsylvania. If funds allow, grants will also be
award to those residing in counties adjacent to Bradford or Sullivan Counties.
- Applications may be made for a broad range of goods and services, including, but not limited to
medical travel and educational expenses, respite care, summer camp, Rainbow Riders, adaptive
tricycles and bikes, special strollers, adapting a vehicle, music, art and recreation therapies,
swings, wedges and sensory items.
-Applicants must have exhausted all other sources of funding and the Board will refer applicants
to alternate funding sources when they are available.
- Grants are capped at $500, but may address more than one need. For example one could request
funding for a swing, a stroll and summer camp as long as the total is $500 or less. Also, grants can
partially fund things, such as $500 towards a fence for safety or a hotel stay for a medical
- There is a 6-month waiting period between applications in the name of any one individual with
- Replies shall be made to applicants within 30 days of the application deadline.
- Grant applications are presented to the Board anonymously, with no information identifying the